So, I didn't get any better with posting from January until now. That's not looking good for this blog.
We found out in late January that we were expecting twin boys. We were excited to know. I couldn't hardly wait to find out and I asked at every appointment if they had any idea and they'd never even give us a guess until 18 weeks. :) Oh well, I lived through it. Mom, Myriah and I went shopping that very evening for all the cute boy stuff we could find...so if you were shopping in mid-January and wondered why there was a lack of baby boy stuff in the Champaign Urbana area that is why. :) It's all in the boys' closet.
We went for a routine appointment on May 20, 2008 and that is when our lives really changed...for the better of course. After our growth scan of the boys, it showed that Reed was growing slower than Dane and by a great amount, enough to send red flags to the doctor. Our doctor conferred with the maternal-fetal doctor and their plan of attack was to do an amnio to see if the boys' lungs were mature. If their lungs were mature, then the best thing was to take them, so Reed didn't get any smaller. Wow! We thought we were ready and that was a shock. We previously scheduled a date of 6.2 to have them. We always went in saying we were ready for them, half kidding, since we knew that it wasn't going to happen. This time it did! We were scheduled to have the amnio on Wednesday, May 21st and then if their lungs were mature, then we were going to be worked in on Thursday, May 22nd. I was so nervous about the amnio. I don't know why, but I was more nervous about it than most anything else the entire pregnancy. It ended up being nothing and only hurt a tiny bit. It hurt the most when the needle went into my (already pissed off) uterus. I ended up with a fabulous fushia belly. It was really weird. It almost looked like I had a sun burn on my pregnant belly. We got the results that afternoon and lungs were mature. The results were double what they needed to be for the doctors to be comfortable in taking the boys, so that was awesome. So we were having our babies on the 22nd. Wow, again!
On the morning of the 22nd, Mom, Rob and I dropped Max and Sophie off at Aunt Carrie's house and headed up to the hospital. We arrived with an amazing amount of crap that I packed (and I didn't even use 1/3 of it!) Won't be doing that again, if we have more kids. I'll pack clothes for me to come home in, the baby to come home in, cameras, computer and cell charger and that is it! So I got checked in and they did everything they needed to do and I was going in for surgery around 1:30ish. Well in normal hospital fashion, it was later than that, but no big deal. I was a little nervous by that time, so every minute longer was ok with me. :) I was really not as nervous as I even imagined though...my worry was I'd feel them cut me or I wouldn't get feeling back in my legs...silly worries. I didn't feel a thing (for about 2 days) and my legs definately woke up.
Dane Robert (Baby B) was born first at 2:42 p.m. and Reeder Clifton (Baby A) was born at 2:44 p.m. Both boys came out screaming, so that was music to my ears. That was my biggest worry. Next was how much they weighed....I got to see them for a couple minutes and get photos with my babies. After they assessed the boys, the boys and Daddy went upstairs to the nursery, while they finished sewing me back up. After I was in recovery for awhile, while they were trying to find me a room. They finally had my mom and sisters come visit and brought Dane down for me to hold and try to feed. Reed and Daddy came down a bit later, so I could hold him and also try to feed him. It was so awesome to hold them for the first time. Things at the hosptial went fine. I had a lot less pain than I even thought.
We got to come home on Sunday, May 25th and we were all ready. It was amazing to get home with them.
They will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. It's pretty crazy that they are already that old. It seems like they were just born and yet, I don't remember life before them now. The only thing I miss about life before the boys is sleep. They have finally started to sleep a bit better, rather than keeping me up for 7 hours straight through the night! That was getting old. LOL! Now we sleep for about 3 hours in a row and that is like heaven. The boys are eating great and have continued to pack on the pounds!
At their 2nd appointment, Reed gained 1 lb. and Dane gained 14 oz. in about 10 days. We go again next week, so we'll see how much they've gained in about 2 weeks. From our borrowed scale at home (thanks, Janna Lue)...Reed had gained another whole pound and Dane gained 1 lb. and 2 oz in 8 days! They are growing like crazy. :)
That's all for now. Hopefully I get better at this, so you can all have some good updates on our family!
6.18.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment