I was going in twice a week for a non-stress test, check-up and ultrasound (only had that once a week). Our non-stress test was first, it went well, only a few contractions then we had an ultrasound and it went well, or so we thought. I was supposed to be seeing our NP, but she came in, was very brief and said something about needing to see the doctor. I knew from that second on that something was wrong, my stomach just fell. I knew that both of the babies were
ok, since we just saw them on the ultrasound and heard them move on the stress test, but so many other things could be wrong! The doctor came in and started talking about how baby A was much smaller than baby B and he hadn't grown in a month and they were worried that if we let baby A go, he could get too little and possibly have more issues than just being low birth weight. So her suggestion, was to deliver them.
OMG, not ready. Teased about being ready, but NOT ready. Rob and I were under the impression
dr. wanted to do it that afternoon.
OMG! Turns out she wanted to do an
amniocentesis to make sure that both babies had surfactant, to determine lung function. What a day. I was crying and excited and nervous. I might be a mommy in a day or two, is what I was thinking. WOW!
No comments:
Post a Comment